Re: Recording small things

Subject: Re: Recording small things
From: "Mike Rooke" picnet2
Date: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:42 am ((PST))
Hello,
           Ive made an entry about recording small things.

http://www.urlme.net/blog/?p=3D1657

PVDF is another material which has higher output than the EMFIT transducers=
 I mentioned. A piezo disk correctly matched and tuned based on the materia=
ls used to construct the mic is perhaps the easiest way other than simply s=
hoving a mic near the bugs.

I used to make a rainbar mic which was waterproof. I'd be interested in cre=
ating an "ant mic" if anyone would be able to sketch what's expected?

Ive also made some tiny 10mm hydrophones that are better used as contact mi=
cs since in water the small (acoustic) area is less effective than e.g a 20=
mm or larger hydrophone.
Those are very robust, ive even stood on a stereo pair of them. - Not sure =
if they are elephant proof, hard to find elephants in Finland. - Couple one=
 of those to a probe and they might work. (emphasis on "might"). No ants ar=
ound this time of year, letting them run over the large format transducer w=
ould be fun.

BR
Mike.