Re: Responses to ambient sound recording

Subject: Re: Responses to ambient sound recording
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:02 am ((PST))
Hi Rob,

Besides the (minor) potential errors due to reflections off the environment,
the distance does not matter for your calibration procedure. This is true as
long as you place the microphone and the SLM at exactly the same spot (and keep
the distance from the sound source fixed).

If you however wish to quantify the noise that is emitted by a particular sound
source, then it is important to specify also the distance (1 meter is a
commonly used value such measurements) because the sound level will of course
change according to that.

Regards,
Raimund