Rycote for Sony PCM-M10

Subject: Rycote for Sony PCM-M10
From: "Jeremiah Moore" jeremiahmoore99
Date: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:42 pm ((PST))
Hi all -

Anyone have hands-on experience with the Rycote windjammer for the
Sony PCM-M10?  Any idea if it's superior or inferior to the furry
windscreen Sony sells?

Rycote:
http://www.rycote.com/products/mini_windjammer/mini_windjammer_for_portable_recorder/

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/706560-REG/Rycote_055391_Rycote_Mini_Windjammer_for.html

Sony's Model:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/667341-REG/Sony_AD_PCM2_ADPCM2_Wind_Screen_for.html

(no particular affinity for B&H, it's merely a convenient place to
link to a product page.)

My story: Yesterday I accidentally left my backpack unattended at an
arcade and it was stolen -- and later returned by a homeless man who
found it.  Most items were still there (!) including some personal
stuff I really would've missed, but not unsurprisingly my PCM-M10 (and
sony windscreen) was gone.

I intend to replace the recorder and the windscreen ASAP, hence the query -

-jeremiah

jeremiah moore | SOUND |
http://www.jeremiahmoore.com/