Re: A couple recordings from Mallacoota, Victoria.

Subject: Re: A couple recordings from Mallacoota, Victoria.
From: "chrishails50" chrishails50
Date: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:24 pm ((PST))
Paul, have I lost the plot or has your sound player disappeared ?

--- In  Paul Jacobson <> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've posted a couple of recording from a recent trip to East Gippsland, V=
ictoria, Australia. These were made in the "backyard" of the Adobe Mudbrick=
 Holiday Flats which features a beautiful temperate rainforest gully that t=
eems with wildlife.

> The first recording is Karbeethong Rainforest Gully and was made just aft=
er dawn. A lyrebird was foraging a short distance behind the mics and was m=
aking a doubled Eastern Whipbird "whip" at regular intervals.

> http://www.urbanbirder.com.au/east-gippsland/karbeethong-rainforest-gully=
-mallacoota

> The second recording captures the sounds of a flock of Yellow-tailed Blac=
k-Cockatoo feeding in a stand of wattle just before dark.  These are large =
birds but can be extremely quiet. They feed on grubs which live inside the =
branches of the wattle, and use their large powerful beak to rip the wood a=
part to reach the grub.  You can hear one YTBC calling a short distance awa=
y and the sound of shredding wood from a bird perched almost immediately in=
 front of the mics.