2. Re: High frequency recording

Subject: 2. Re: High frequency recording
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:24 am ((PST))
> all I really want to know is - would a Tascam 680 with low
> noise mics be ok ?

Yes, I believe that a Tascam 680 in conjunction with low noise mics would b=
e fine. You just need make sure that you select the maximum available gain =
settings on the unit when you try to record very soft sounds.

> Just to end the conversation on humorous note - I once composed
> a symphony for bats - it was almost enirely inaudable to human ears
> - bats were my intended audience. Amazing the kind of nonsense you
> get up to at art school eh ?

Yep, that can be really fun. I recently worked with an artist who also expe=
rimented with this kind "nonsense". The art project involved playing back w=
hale songs that were transformed into the ultrasonic range to domestic mice=
. See http://www.schalter-berlin.com/english/exhibitions.html

Best,
Raimund