Marantz PMD661 problem ;-(

Subject: Marantz PMD661 problem ;-(
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:48 pm ((PDT))

I am experiencing some serious problems with my PMD661,

I was wandering if anyone has experienced sth similar,

I haven' t use it for a while - say a couple of weeks

then I tried to record sth and  :

the internal mics seem to be really (I mean really! ) noisy suddenly, plus =
that the right one is like 10db less sensitive from the other,

the XLR inputs demonstrate a similar behavior, one of them is less sensitiv=
e and everything is full of noise, but sometimes if you reconnect it the no=
ise clears and it seems as if working, then noise again..

if I try to record it post a message saying sth' wrong with my card

The mini-plug line input works and I record this way sth with no problems

The last thing I recall I did before these shit happen, was that I tested s=
ome buffered contact mics I made myself - then I was thinking the mics were=
 wrong - though they worked perfectly elsewhere..

I can' t get it.. I used to be totally fine and I' ve been using the machin=
e for more than a year with no problems till now,

Are there any suggestions prior to calling Marantz ??

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: