Re: Mixed waterfowl

Subject: Re: Mixed waterfowl
From: "Jim Morgan" fundador_four
Date: Sun Oct 3, 2010 8:25 pm ((PDT))
Very nice Martyn, the mass takeoff was amazing great vocalizations on
everything.

Jim

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Martyn Stewart <> wrot=
e:
> http://soundofcritters.com/archives/1353
>
> Let the player buffer before clicking on the play button.....
>
> This morning I had the pleasure of meeting Bob Kothenbeutel as his home i=
n Woodinville, WA.
> Every September the wood ducks return to his back yard pond =96 probably =
because he provides feed for them twice a day (mixture of whole wheat and g=
ame-bird pellets). On Sept. first there were 6 but the number has grown to =
125 -150! They stream in in small groups just as it begins to get light in =
the in morning, eat their breakfast, lounge around all day and then leave i=
n the evening after their dinner. They never get very tame and always flush=
 when I take out the feed. After circling a few times they come raining bac=
k to the pond in a fashion that makes it too hard to count them. It is quit=
e a spectacle. Even though they are devouring 150 lbs of feed each week he =
never get tired of watching them. They even invade his bird feeder which is=
 near his deck, and some have taken a liking to suet. There is a large numb=
er of juveniles and the mature drakes are now in full breeding plumage.

> This is a recording from first light this morning starting from around 07=
:00am.

> Martyn
> *************************************
> Martyn Stewart
> www.naturesound.org
> www.soundofcritters.com
>
> Redmond =A0WA
> 425-898-0462
>
> 47.65420118705451
> -121.98158740997314
>
> Make every garden a wildlife habitat
> **************************************
> Listen to the Birds and the Bees at
> http://naturesound.libsyn.org/
> View a Nature Recordists Blog!
>
> http://naturesound.org/Blog/Blog.html
>
> http://naturesound.org/this_weeks_recordings/this_weeks_recordings.html
>
> Follow me on AudioBoo
> feed://audioboo.fm/users/31466/boos.atom
>

> Listen to my sounds on Facebook:
> http://tinyurl.com/ye2dw7p
>
> =A0P please consider the environment before printing this email

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: