1. portable power

Subject: 1. portable power
From: "Mark Brennan" markbrennanfinear=
Date: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:15 pm ((PDT))

Hello all, wondering if anyone has any experience with portable power. The=

'battery' that you can buy in a hardware store that gives both ac/dc power.=
purchased one last week and want to use it for all night recording with my=

Fostex Fr2le and 2 X AT4022 mics. It's a powerpack 300 by Xantrex. When i p=
lug
the gear into it, there is a very (hardly audible) hum from it, the plan it=
attach it to a 50m power chord and then another 10m of Mic cables which wil=
give me 60m from the actual power source. Am i on the right track or wander=
ing
down a silly one!
thanks all

Mark