2:30 AM, a dark night, and

Subject: 2:30 AM, a dark night, and
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:12 pm ((PDT))
I was dozing off while sitting at the recorder with the headphones on
waiting for the coyotes when in my left ear startlingly loud, I hear:

Online audiostreamer:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/8Ho9npeU/E_ScrOwl01.html

Direct download of 5.8 meg MP3 file:
http://dc177.4shared.com/download/8Ho9npeU/E_ScrOwl01.mp3

This was recorded using the 4 Sennheiser microphone array feeding into the=

4 mic preamp channels on the Mackie 1202-VLZ3 mixer which was feeding the
Marantz PMD661 recorder...

The tree cricket and other insect noise is very intense right now and
covers up most of the vehicle traffic noise although a bit annoying of its=

own intensity. This fellow had no problem making himself heard over it
including a bit of beak clacking after a couple of the loud calls... I
think he was having a territorial thing with another of his kind a ways up=

the street...  You'll notice he is mostly in the left channel, the array
was pointed south and he must have been in the large oak trees beyond the
array to the west as it shows in the roof top mounting position photograph.

Here is a link to photos of the setup:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/HChCA2iM/Airstream_Recording_Studio.html

--

Thanks,