case for Tascam DR-680

Subject: case for Tascam DR-680
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:08 am ((PDT))
Tascam makes a case for the DR-680.  Price: $100.  Here's a message on the =
Tapers Section forum that has several photos of the case with recorder insi=
de:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=3D137231.msg1793156#msg1793156

Looks to me like the case doesn't have much in the way of storage for odds =
and ends (like spare AA cells).  Also, I'd prefer a longer flap with a tran=
sparent panel over the controls so you can see the LCD screen without openi=
ng the flap.

Porta Brace makes a larger case that addresses these concerns.  Price: $180

http://www.portabrace.com/productA-AR-DR680

This morning, B&H Photo Video has the lowest price I could find for the DR-=
680 recorder: $830 shipped.  I've seen prices as low as $700 for short peri=
ods.

--oryoki