Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: I'm Lost! Need Field Recorder with Goo=

Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: I'm Lost! Need Field Recorder with Goo=
From: Tim Nunn <>
d On-board Mics.
Date: Thursday, August 12, 2010, 1:00 AM

=C2=A0

      One bit of general advice, that I'm sure others have said the same - =
try it before you commit, rent, borrow, steal.

I'm pretty new to this game myself and have similar goals to yours. I was a=
lso convinced I needed a unit with built in mics and bought the Zoom H4n. I=
t's a great machine (really) but I then went on a wildlife sounds recording=
 course, came home, sent it straight back and got a Fostex FR2-LE and start=
ed researching mics. I now have a Rode NT4 and will invest in some more. I'=
m not saying the same thing will happen with you but you really will not kn=
ow until you get out there. Sorry if that's patronising downtalk!

On 12 Aug 2010, at 00:26, scratchpaws wrote:

> I'm finding it really difficult to give it up on this 661 business. This =
thing seems to rock. That thing about the mics being designed for indoor us=
e has got me spooked, though. If there's a unit with a mic better suited fo=
r ambient wilderness sounds, that's the way I'm gonna have to go. Maybe I'l=
l hit the lottery tonight, then I can buy the 661, the D50 and the D1. Now =
there's a thought.

--

Mobile: 07778 901198

http://www.timnunn.com

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.