Re: Zoom headphone amp noise.

Subject: Re: Zoom headphone amp noise.
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 am ((PDT))
At 06:25 PM 7/27/2010 +0200, you wrote:
>Have the Zoom H4N headphone amp noise been discussed here?
>
>It is quite audible and may be mistaken for mic noise.

I am in the process of returning a Zoom H4n for other reasons, during the
week I spent testing and evaluating it I was not aware of headphone amp noi=
se.

Reasons I decided the Zoom H4n is not suitable for my use was a, low
output, Lo Cut option effects all output above the low cut frequency, and
lack of Line Level Input.

This last one really caught me off guard as the brochure and Page 1 of the=

manual refers to using line input however when you have the recorder in
your hands, turns out there is no such thing as a Line Input.  I was not
able to interface it with a Sound Devices MixPre which I have here thinking=

that would make up for the poor Zoom H4n mic preamp performance and when
all was said and done, the only conclusion was to return the Zoom H4n and
get a real recorder...

Thank heavens for 30 day trial periods...

--

Thanks,
Mitch & Shadow...

http://www.4shared.com/dir/UTASxktL/wildlife.html