Late winter in The Grampians (Aus).

Subject: Late winter in The Grampians (Aus).
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:14 pm ((PDT))
Hi All,

Just back from a (relatively) cold, wet and windy couple of days at The Gra=
mpians in Western Victoria. It's late winter in this part of the world and =
the level of bird call activity is still quite subdued but there is still a=
 small peak of activity around dawn. This should start to build over the ne=
xt month as we move into early spring. The recording was begun made shortly=
 before dawn on the path leading to Silverband Falls.  The previous days ha=
d seen significant amounts of rainfall so Dairy Creek was running more than=
 would be the case in mid to late spring resulting in a "babbling brook" ef=
fect.

http://www.urbanbirder.com.au/western-country/dairy-creek-dawn-short-edit

This is the first 'serious' recording I've done since upgrading from the HD=
P2 to SD722, mic's used were AT3032's in a head spaced parallel boundary ar=
ray.

cheers
Paul