Need advise about a sound file...

Subject: Need advise about a sound file...
From: "Mitch Hill" wa1ykn
Date: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:25 pm ((PDT))
Greetings All,

In the wee early hours of this morning, in the dark, my brother recorded a=

bird singing its best.  Please note, the links ending in html take you to a=

streaming audio player with the file on line, the second of each pair of
links will allow you to download the file to play on your own system. The
sound files are here:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/IPFiUX5w/Mocker2a.html

http://dc251.4shared.com/download/327524294/1aae5b9c/Mocker2a.mp3

http://www.4shared.com/audio/72PFnNVU/Mocker2a1.html

http://dc192.4shared.com/download/327541698/ac8fbaf9/Mocker2a1.mp3

I have put four links, the first two are to the full recording, 15 Mb /
15minutes long.  The second two links are to a 3 minute clip of the
original file, 2.8mb for the sake of brevity...

The bird is a Northern Mocking bird, the recording was made in South West
Florida at 1:00 AM in the morning.  The quality of the recording is
excellent especially considering my brother made it with a D90 camera in
movie mode and converted the file to MP3 format to send it to me.  To make=

this recording, he was sitting on his doorstep hand holding the camera and=

I think the quality of this recording is amazing...

What is fascinating to both of us, when looking at this file as a sonogram,=

is that the 2nd and 3rd harmonics are mirror image of the prime sound and
1st harmonic.

My first reaction was that, as this was recorded in a space between two
trailers, was that what appears as 2nd and 3rd harmonics, is this some kind=

of an echo?

However there is no time delay, the change is in frequency, not time and
the image shows as true harmonics excepting the upper two harmonics in the=

image are reversed. It seems everything above 6.0Khz is a mirror of the
primary sound by the bird as he makes it.

I can only assume the bird is doing this however I've never seen this
mirroring of harmonics before that I recall.

Am I reading this sonogram correctly?

Your comments and advise most welcome,
--

Thanks,