Re: Telinga stereo dat mic for ambience recordings?

Subject: Re: Telinga stereo dat mic for ambience recordings?
From: "vickipowys" vpowys
Date: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:24 am ((PDT))
Phillipp,

I have tried a Telinga stereo mic similar to the DAT mic, but mine is
a PIP version that can be used with Olympus LS-10.  The mic is very
sensitive, the sound is good, but when used 'open' for ambience I
find that the stereo image is not as strong as what I hear in the
field with my ears.  If I was going to concentrate on a 'pure
panoramic chorus' I would be more inclined to try the Telinga clip on
mics (EM 23 or later versions) with a dummy head type of
arrangement.  You would get a stronger stereo this way, I think.  I
have heard beautiful stereo recordings made with EM23s in a home-made
SASS arrangement.  Klas will do mail orders, but he may be away at
the moment as I haven't been able to contact him in past few weeks.

Vicki

On 12/06/2010, at 10:35 AM, Philipp Schr=F6ter wrote:

> Hello list,
> Is the telinga stereo dat mic designed to capture mainly single
> species with a nice wider background only? Or is it useful when
> doing pure panorama chorus recordings too? I'm not sure for I heard
> wonderful recordings that made me think in both ways. I like its
> sharp bright sound but am not sure wether it is useful to do
> atmospheric recordings without necessarily focusing single birds as
> well. I'd love to test it but live in Germany which has no telinga
> seller as far as I know. In which situations do you use this mic?
> thank you for any comment
> Philipp Schr=F6ter
> --
> GRATIS f=FCr alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: