Chenango Valley, New York

Subject: Chenango Valley, New York
From: "David Michael" corticalsongs
Date: Mon May 24, 2010 12:25 pm ((PDT))
Hi

This past weekend I took a visit to a friend's farm in the Chenango
Valley in New York State. Among the recordings made this weekend, was
a dawn chorus taken from the edge of their farm.

If you have some time and knowledge, I would very much appreciate if
you could annotate some of the species with comments (timed or
otherwise). Many of the singers are familiar to me, some are not. I
will say that there seems to be a yellow-billed cuckoo lurking at a
distant swampy patch that was surprising for me to hear in this area.

I am still recording with the parallel boundary array with a foam
nose, this time with an FR2-LE whose mic preamps do not disappoint.
The recording is just over three hours in length and can be downloaded
for free as a 320kbps MP3 file (450 Mb). I have not edited the
recording except for the application of some equalization, so you may
hear a passing car or two (dirt road), perhaps an airplane, but all in
all, the recording is quite listenable "raw". The recording was made
unattended and I have not listened to this all the way through yet
(only spot checked), so perhaps there is something to be discovered.

http://soundcloud.com/dmichael/dawn-chorus-at-holler-farm

Enjoy
David