Re: using Cue points from Fostex Fr2-LE to split up WAV file?

Subject: Re: using Cue points from Fostex Fr2-LE to split up WAV file?
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Sun May 23, 2010 9:05 pm ((PDT))
On 24/05/2010, at 12:56 PM, Wolodymyr Smishkewych wrote:

> I wonder if this Cue marker info might be readable in other sound editors=
. ProTools, for example? Anyone have experience working with this.
> I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.3, so I won't be looking for PC based apps.

Vlad,

I think you'll find that most apps that support bwf format .wav files shoul=
d recognise the markers.

Wave Editor is pretty adept at slicing and dicing on markers, as John menti=
oned. You can also easily do things like convert pair of markers to a regio=
n, edit the region name to something meaning and export using "save selecti=
on to". This gives you your base file name with your "meaningful descriptor=
s" appended as the file name.

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/waveeditor/

There are a couple of video training resources on the web that give a prett=
y good idea of the capabilities. RazorMade videos were done with a fairly e=
arly version so app layout is a bit different but features are still availa=
ble in recent versions.

http://www.razormaid.com/Training/

http://vimeo.com/audiofileeng/videos/

cheers