Bird song mike for Olympus LS10. Beginner help please.

Subject: Bird song mike for Olympus LS10. Beginner help please.
From: "stephen991847" stephen991847
Date: Mon May 17, 2010 12:55 pm ((PDT))
Hi folks,
As this is my first post I thought I had better introduce myself.
Having realised how poor my knowledge of bird song was I decided that this =
year I would try to recognise all the songs of birds on my local common/woo=
dland. To help this I spent a  month recording bird song with the video set=
ting on my compact camera. I had a great month and found that though I had =
really enjoyed the process, the recording quality was pretty poor. I needed=
 something else. Research quickly told me that the voice recorders I had in=
 mind wouldn't do for bird song so I dug a little deeper and bought an Olym=
pus LS 10. I have had another fun couple of weeks and am really pleased. Ho=
wever I have hit two problems namely wind and background noise/other bird s=
ong. So to my requests for help.