[Nature Recordists] 3 Bears

Subject: [Nature Recordists] 3 Bears
From: Martyn Stewart <>

Date: Friday, May 14, 2010, 12:19 AM

=C2=A0

      http://soundofcritters.com/archives/1077

Imagine walking through the woods looking for owls and you hear crashing of=
 branches in front of you? Well, this was the case here. It is the time for=
 family separation and here we have 3 bears. 2 of the bears climbed a pine =
tree while a larger (older bear) chased after them. The 2 young bears staye=
d in the tree for over 5 hours with various panting sounds and snorting. In=
 this soundscape you can also hear the Jaw Pops the bears make when they ar=
e nervous. Roo and I watched these bears until we could no longer keep our =
eyes open. Eventually, the larger bear walked off leaving the 2 younger bea=
rs to ponder when it was safe to leave.

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

www.naturesound.org