3. Re: from metadata to archiving - georeferencing .wav files in bat su

Subject: 3. Re: from metadata to archiving - georeferencing .wav files in bat su
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Thu May 13, 2010 11:09 am ((PDT))
I just dug a bit deeper into the bext chunk incompatibility issue with the =
REAPER (and other) software, such as the RiffPad.

It turned out that there was indeed a byte alignment issue (Thank you Jerem=
iah for that hint!). The size of the application-specific 'GPS' chunk in my=
 files was an uneven number (79), which caused that the following 'bext' ch=
unk also started at an uneven offset address. Fortunately, reducing the GPS=
 chunk size to 78 solved the problem.

Here is a sample file created with the modified RECORDER software version:

http://www.avisoft.com/scratch/T00000007.WAV

Bye the way, the RiffPad software (available from http://www.menasoft.com/b=
log/?p=3D34) allows to view the contents of all RIFF chunks in a .wav file,=
 including the non-standard application-specific ones.

Regards,
Raimund