[Nature Recordists] Re: from metadata to archiving - georeferencin=

To: <>
Subject: [Nature Recordists] Re: from metadata to archiving - georeferencin=
From: "Raimund" <>
.wav files in bat surveys

> I'm curious if anyone can explain this. The metadata from Ppip
> T0000001.WAV displays with BWAV reader. When I import Ppip
> T0000001.WAV into Reaper, its not showing the metadata, even the
> time-stamp. Reaper does display the time stamp from the Tascam 680's
> bwav. Rob D.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for reporting that strange effect. I just recently added the bext
chunk functionality to the RECORDER software and have tested it only with
the BWAVWriter software so far.

Maybe the problem lies in the location of the bext chunk within the .wav
file. My software appends the bext chunk to the end of the .wav file, which=

should still comply with the RIFF standard. I could imagine that the Reaper=

software expects that information at the beginning of the file before the
data chunk.

Bye the way, the location of the .wav file RIFF chunks is also displayed by=

the BWAVWriter.

Regards,
Raimund