10. Re: Some prescient words from Murray Schafer

Subject: 10. Re: Some prescient words from Murray Schafer
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:43 am ((PDT))
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Bernie Krause <> wr=
ote:
> Are we absolutely certain that those links won't, at some
> point, break down? Then what?

I'm not absolutely certain I'm not a talking -- well, typing -- dog
connected to the 'net New Yorker style...

...but I am reasonably convinced that if we collectively retract from,
rather that proceed towards, ubiquitous connectivity, it's going to
because we have much bigger problems (as a civilization) than the
domain expertise under discussion...

...and the most we documentarians could reasonably hope is to
transcribe as much of what we have onto more durable analog media in
hope's they'll be read, after the dark age, by... someone. Or
something!

;)

aaron

--