6. Re: Some prescient words from Murray Schafer

Subject: 6. Re: Some prescient words from Murray Schafer
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:33 am ((PDT))
Hi Bernie--
Its difficult for me and I'm sure many others, given the sonic
onslaught of natural spaces and the increased awareness that personal
field recording as a whole has brought to the troubles and battles,
to understand how Schaefer could be unaware of key allies. Many of
the folks networked through various lists are recordists, first. The
ways one records and why one records remain largely mysterious even
as one develops more and more sophisticated reasons. Its hopeful to
think that what we do will somehow have increasing historical value
and added impact to the politic we commit today, but our perceptions
also tell us that we are a small, albeit passionate force.

I admit that I'm out of touch on my RMS reading. Along these lines,
are there, particular, new methodologies or politics Schaefer is
proposing that you can direct us to?  I'm all for more purpose and
action. Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D