Re: Cherry Ridge Wild Forest

Subject: Re: Cherry Ridge Wild Forest
From: "hartogj" hartogj
Date: Thu Apr 8, 2010 11:15 pm ((PDT))
Hi David,

Truly astounding woodcock recording. To my ears your parallel boundaries hi=
ghlight dual aspects quite nicely. Thanks for sharing.

John Hartog

--- In  David Michael <> =
wrote:

> Hi
>
> The weather here in New York has been absolutely stunning recently.
> After a very wet winter, the spring is shaping up to be very lush
> indeed.
>
> This past weekend I went up to Cherry Ridge Wild Forest in Delaware
> County New York to do some recording with the new nosed parallel
> boundary array. The mountainous areas upstate in the Catskill region
> wake up a bit later than areas along the coast like NYC.
>
> I spent much of midday wondering if it was too early for the sound
> makers to be out (which I somehow manage to do every year). As the sun =

> started set, I was able to find the usual spring suspects including
> wood cocks, wood frogs, and spring peepers, among other songbirds and =

> even an owl (minute 12 or so of the first recording). Spring is really =

> such a lovely time in New York State.
>
> Hope you enjoy listening these recordings as much as I enjoyed making =

> them.
>
> http://soundcloud.com/dmichael/sets/cherry-ridge-wild-forest
>
> David

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: