Re: new sound map site

Subject: Re: new sound map site
From: "im_rawes" im_rawes
Date: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:50 pm ((PDT))
Enjoyed listening to those recordings a lot. The thunderstorm and rail cros=
sing are probably my favourites so far.

The binaural recordings sound great over desktop speakers as well.

One minor point: on the right hand side of your sound map you have a panel =
listing the file names. On a widescreen monitor the text size appears very =
small and is not easy to read. Dark text on a light background or vice vers=
a might be worth considering too.

Ian

- -

London Sound Survey http://www.soundsurvey.org.uk

Supporting Deafness Research UK http://www.soundsurvery.org.uk

--- In  Hector Centeno <> wrote=
:

> Hello,
>
> I've been following this list for long time and learning a lot from every=
body's contributions. I'm a sound artist interested in field recording of b=
oth urban and natural soundscapes. I've built a AT-3032 parallel barrier ri=
g based on Curt Olson's design and also recently built a set of custom bina=
ural mics using Mike Rooke's MM1 capsules ( pipmics.com ).

> I've just put together a sound map with my field recordings that I would =
like to share with everybody here: sonic.hcenteno.net/sound-map

> I do have a few nature recordings there which you can find by browsing th=
e list on the side of the map or by viewing the recordings in List View. So=
me selections (nature and urban):