Questions

Subject: Questions
From: "tannehill" tannehill
Date: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:34 am ((PDT))
I recently acquired a Dan Gibson parabolic dish.  A capacitor was blown in =
the handle part of the mic and was replaced.  I presently get some sound at=
 the recorder input and the ear phones but it is very low level.  I assume =
that the mic preamp is bad.

Does anyone know where it could be repaired?

Is it worth repairing or should I just use the dish with another mic?

I have mounted an Audio Technica ATR55 at the focal point and get an 8-10 d=
B gain.  Is this about what I should expect?  I have a Sennheiser K6/ME-66 =
shotgun mic.  I assume that I could do much better by ordering on omni mic =
(ME-62) on the K6 system.

I would like to be able to use a stereo mic with the dish.  Is it possible =
to use something like a Audio Technica PRO24CM with a dish? Would there be =
a better choice? I am using a Sony PCM-D50 for most of my recording.

Sould I be forgetting about all of the above and saving for a Telinga?

Bruce Tannehill