Re: [Nature Recordists] AT4022s in a baffled spaced array (was: FR=

Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] AT4022s in a baffled spaced array (was: FR=
From: vickipowys <>
-2LE & AT4022)

Greg,

For the nose of the SASS there is one big block of foam housed inside
the plastic exterior, there is no metal edging but rather, plastic.

The back surfaces are hard plastic, not coated with anything.

Walt's design for where the mics are positioned I think closely
follows the original Crown design, and mics are placed as close as
physically possible to the edge between front and side panels.  Which
means the centre of a MKH 20 mic is just under 1 cm from the edge.

The SASS body is quite lightweight, the plastic is only about 2.5 mm
thick.  The foam is not the super high-density stuff that is used in
upholstery, but more like medium density foam, fairly squashy.

How hard is the yoga block foam?

Hope this helps!

Vicki