apEQ - apQualizr

Subject: apEQ - apQualizr
From: "Max" oatcruncher
Date: Thu Jan 7, 2010 4:33 am ((PST))
I assume that any registered owners of the above will receive the same email as
I have. However the following extract of this email may be of interest.

First of all thank you very much for supporting apulSoft by buying an apEQ
license. Unfortunately I have some bad news. As you might know apulSoft is a
one-man company. I recently have been contacted by a hardware manufacturer and
been informed that they own the trademark "APEQ" and use it for some standalone
hardware equalizer. They want me to stop using the word "apEQ" and after
careful consideration I unfortunately had to decide I cannot fight them.
Although I technically was selling apEQ a few months before they registered
"APEQ" as their trademark (and failed to use google in the process..), fighting
against them is just something I cannot do as I'm just one guy and apEQ is not
exactly making me rich at all, so I can't justify to hire a lawyer for the
matter. And as the product release dates are pretty close, it is unclear who
really owns the trademark. Unfortunately the hardware company has refused to
try to work out a solution together that would benefit everybody leaving me no
choice as to stop selling apEQ as of right now.

In order not to loose the plugin completely I decided to rename and relaunch it
and from now on it is going to be called "apulSoft apQualizr".

Max