Death Valley ID Help?

Subject: Death Valley ID Help?
From: "rustlin_jack" rustlin_jack
Date: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:57 pm ((PST))
Hi everyone,

Can someone help me identify a few sounds? They're posted on my website at:
http://jackhines.com/ID.htm

These were recorded in Death Valley last April using a Sound Devices 722 and an
MS Mic system: Sennheiser MKH 30 and 40:

ID 1: I believe this is a White-crowned Sparrow, though it's been suggested
that it might be something other than that, so I thought I'd put it to the
group.

ID 2: Brewer's Sparrow?

ID 3: No file.

ID 4: There's a lot going on in this one and I'm having trouble distinguishing
the various species. I was hoping someone with a more trained ear might be able
to pick them out.

ID 5: A short clip of chirps that I hear a lot of throughout the recording.

Other than these I got some great recordings of Mockingbirds, Mourning Doves, a
beautiful Coyote reverberating throughout the valley, Costa's Hummingbirds,
Chukars and Poorwills in the distance, etc. A wonderful soundscape in a truly
amazing place!

Thanks,
Jack

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: