SD302

Subject: SD302
From: "artsonics" artsonics
Date: Tue Dec 8, 2009 1:24 pm ((PST))
Greetings everyone,

for anyone who happens to use one of these preamps I have a few questions. =
I have owned this for about a year and mostly very happy with it. A few thi=
ngs concern me. The small phantom power slide switches that select phantom,=
 off in the centre or T power. I have not yet trusted my clumsey fingers to=
 have correctly set these so rather than turn these off which is back to ce=
nter position I turn the SD power off Just in case I accidently switch past=
 center and acccidently activate T power to my mics. When the 302 power is =
switched off is there any part of the circuit that may retain residual powe=
r that I should be concerned about when connecting and reconnecting microph=
ones the moment the unit is turned off.
The other is has anyone inadvertently switched T power on to a mic that is =
not T power and what sort of harm this may do.
Lastly how much useable gain is available. Sound devices claim up to 75db w=
hich to me seems like full yet I wonder and suspect I'm hearing noise at th=
at level. does that seem realistic? How can I check for this more accuratel=
y?

Thanks for you time.

clint