2. Re: SONY PCM-M10 field recording

Subject: 2. Re: SONY PCM-M10 field recording
From: "hartogj" hartogj
Date: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:59 pm ((PST))
Thanks for the example, Rob.
I didn't notice the center sounding so "over stated", as you put it, until
listening to your edited version which greatly expanded the sense of depth and
width.

Even with your fine edits, we are still left with a stereo spread that hardly
fills the space between the loudspeakers. I'm guessing the omni capsules on the
M10 are placed too closely related to do any better than compressing a 360
degree soundscape into a 50 degree wedge.

John Hartog