LS-10 price vs LS-11

Subject: LS-10 price vs LS-11
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:02 pm ((PST))
Thanks to Dan Dugan for pointing out today's low price
for the Olympus LS-10.  The best deal I found is $212
including shipping from http://www.soundprofessionals.com

The newer Olympus LS-11 costs $399. That's a big difference
in price for an extra 6 GB of built-in flash memory, improved
battery life (almost doubled, actually), track marking function,
and a silver exterior, rather than the black of the LS-10.

Raimund Specht's tests show that the preamp noise is the
same for the two machines.  There are rumors that the LS-11
has less bass roll-off below 200 Hz, but I have not seen
(or heard) a demonstration of this improvement.

The $300 price of Sony's new PCM-M10 recorder should help
the LS-11's price down soon.  Until that happens, the LS-10
looks like a big bargain.

--oryoki