10. Re: SONY PCM-M10 noise test

Subject: 10. Re: SONY PCM-M10 noise test
From: "Raimund" animalsounds
Date: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:29 am ((PST))
Rob Danielson wrote:

> I'm not at all concerned about a few extra pounds if they serve my
> purpose. :-) Rob D.

Sure Rob, I fully agree with that approach. There is of course no doubt tha=
t the extra pounds are absolutely necessary if one wants to get the best po=
ssible results.

What I originally meant is that one can already use one of the larger and h=
eavier recorders because the additional weight and volume can be neglected =
when you consider the additionally required components. So, why do you comp=
lain about the higher noise levels in those tiny pocket recorders? The pric=
e of the Fostex FR2-LE for instance is also very acceptable in my opinion.=

Regards,
Raimund