I want an affordable stereo recorder option which i can use in conjuntio

Subject: I want an affordable stereo recorder option which i can use in conjuntion with
a field mixer (SQN4 in my case). Wav 16 bit 48 khz minimum with the flattest
response possible and not a lot of noise added.

Message: 2.

Subject: I found a nice line up of affordable input units at Faber Acoustical:
http://tinyurl.com/yber57j
They recommend the Stereo recorder add-on from tunewear.com priced at a
reasonable $70 (Australian). All the other tested options (tunetalk stereo
etc.) were not really good options (sound wise).
But unfortunately the tunewear product is "end of life". However, and i quote,
"We will announced a new model before Christmas. Once it is ready, I will let
you know. Steven Siu (Sales Manager @ tunewear)"
So this is good news, i hope :)

I also found another interesting thing, but quite expensive compared to the
tunewear product. Oh and it doesn't do stereo.
iAudiointerface by studiossixdigital http://tinyurl.com/yhuxdyq
They've already created a bundle of audio measurement applications and
are going to start selling them december 2009. Interesting but at a price tag
of approximately $250 (American) a bit expensive.

Message: 3.

Subject: Unfortunately there is not a lot of information available in the wild.
I did find some posts about mono recordings with a standard 3 ringed mini-jack
but i want stereo(!). However,if you sign up to the "Made for apple/ipod"
production group (owned and moderated by apple.com) you should be able to find
some schematics. At least that is what i read somewhere (sorry lost the url to
both post and group).

Message: 4.

Subject: I found the FiRE software also has a free version released by Blue,
which collaborated on the software, i think. It is a nice piee
of software and it works fine. Although is a navigational/ergonomical quirk to
get used to...
If you start the app you first see the recordings page. Only after touching the
+ symbol you get to record a new file. Strange for a recording app. Oh and it
records only 44.1 16bit... You have to buy FiRE for $7,99 to record for up to
24bit and 48khz

So these are my findings, if anyone else has more info, please share!

Greetings,

Arnoud