Re: New Post Corkscrew Swamp

Subject: Re: New Post Corkscrew Swamp
From: "Elias Elias" eliasaristideselias
Date: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:55 am ((PDT))
Hi all, Hi Michael,

I'll be entering into the comments of your blog what I can ID but this
brings to mind a software that I have long been searching for.

I have often wondered if there is an application out there, where a
listener of a recording could circle and annotate noises in a
sonogram. And then search for them instantly.  Perhaps you have used
Picasa for your photos and videos.  For those unfamiliar, Picasa can
instantly search every image on your drive for keywords that you have
entered to describe your images.  For example I am a seabird
biologist.  And say I want to include an image of a Long-billed
Murrelet in report that I am writing.  I simply go to Picasa and type
in Long-billed Murrelet and every LBMU image on my drive instantly
appears on the screen.

An app like this of course would make it so much easier to teach
people noises because after a recording/sonogram has been annotated,
the student could then listen to the recording have the sonogram
playing and each highlighted sound would have the name popup.

Anyway, is this built into any of the sound analysis software extant
and I have just overlooked it?

Best wishes

Elias Elias
Arcata CA
707-633-8833
559-433-7254 walkie-talkie

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Kevin Colver <> wrote=
: