Re: [Nature Recordists] A very odd thing happened to me today on t=

Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] A very odd thing happened to me today on t=
From: Max <>
he way to the forum! Help!

=A0
Brilliant Phil; it worked!!!! Very many thanks, I really appreciate both yo=
ur help, and everyone else who contributed.
A huge sigh of relief
Max

--- In naturerecordists@ yahoogroups. com, Philip Tyler <macmang4125@ ...> =
wrote:

> Is the original file corrupted?
>
> I have had instances where a completely normal looking file will open OK =
in one programme but not in another.

> If you open the file in Audacity, was that the programme that opened it O=
K, then Save As and try opening this new file in Audition. Might be worth a=
 try, if you haven't already tried that.

> Phil
>

> ____________ _________ _________ __

 work properly (can it be my XP Pro 64bit?) and have decided that all this =
effort isn't worth it. If I intend to record for more than four hours I'll =
just have to use my FR2-LE instead, as this starts a new file automatically=
 once the 2gig file limit is reached.
> I have to say I'm still puzzled as to why Audition 1.5 won't open the WHO=
LE of this 4 gig file; any other ideas would be gladly welcomed.
> Max
>
> --- In naturerecordists@ yahoogroups. com, "Max" <maxcatterwell@ ...> wro=
te:

> > --- In naturerecordists@ yahoogroups. com, "greghpr" <gregstuarthooper@=
 > wrote:
> > >

> > > audition can use flac with this plugin
> > > http://www.vuplayer .com/audition. php
> > > that will reduce the file size
> > > you would need to transfer the file - encode with flac- then open in =
audition
> > > http://flac. sourceforge. net/
> > >
> > Thanks a lot for this workaround Greg! I am at present underway with an=
 attempt to encode the file in question with the latest version of FLAC. I =
suspect I might have some kind of problem though. With it not working in th=
e downloaded configuration, I eventually discovered that it would (apparent=
ly) work if I unchecked the Replaygain box. What is happening however, is t=
hat it continues to encode (?) still after quite a long time, with the mess=
age in the box reading Warning: skipping unknown sub-chunk. Will this ever =
end? Or is it in some kind of loop?