Re: Flying Telinga

Subject: Re: Flying Telinga
From: "Scott Fraser" scottbfraser
Date: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:39 am ((PDT))
<<> Actually the wording is one carry on bag in addition
 > to a "personal item", by which they mean a purse,
 > or its male equivalent.

<<Sometimes this is the interpretation and sometimes not. I have been
told to put away my man bag (smaller than most purses) when carrying
it on board with small carry-on luggage. Together these items were
about 50% of my entitlement, but they didn't like me having two bags.
I believe this was Ryanair.>>

There are a few airlines whose policies and/or personnel are so
manifestly antagonistic to the consumer that we simply won't or can't
fly with them. I don't recall if Ryanair has been reasonable or not,
though our tour manager would know. British Midland is definitely very
uncooperative, & we'll paddle canoes before we get on an Alitalia
flight. This is a high profile internationally known artist which
books an enormous amount of miles every year, & we send our business
to the carriers who appreciate the business & treat the customer with
a modicum of respect & gratitude. Thus far that has primarily been the
Star Alliance carriers, in particular Lufthansa.

Scott Fraser