Re: aberwood reflector

Subject: Re: aberwood reflector
From: "oatcruncher" oatcruncher
Date: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:01 am ((PDT))
--- In  "Chris Owens" <> wrote:

> I have one - they are very well made. Try

I emailed this chap a week or two back, asking if he still made these, but =
as yet have had no reply.
Via a WSRS member a couple of days ago, I discovered that Ron Ward (see his=
 article on WSRS site) lives just down the road from me and has loads of di=
shes! When I say loads, I mean all the same. They are approximately 22 inch=
es diameter and 7 1/2 inches deep, with a focal length of 4 inches. They ar=
e made of vacuum formed ABS, are light and rigid. These are just plain dish=
es for making your own set-up; perfect for experimenting. The cost to me pi=
cking up was =A320.00. Whether or not he would post these I don't know (it =
would require a big box!) and he is now an incapacitated old man physically=
, although still as bright as a button mentally. I could make enquiries of =
him if anyone is interested. I did of oourse buy one!
Max