7. Re: High Sample Rates

Subject: 7. Re: High Sample Rates
From: "Marinos Koutsomichalis" marinoskouts=
omichalis
Date: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:33 pm ((PDT))

At least in theory,=0D
recording in high sample rates improves the quality of the signal  =0D
because of less quantization artifacts=0D

bare in mind also that most of the times the question is not on the  =0D
sampling rate but on the actual overall quality of the convertors  !=0D
even if you record the same material at the same sampling rate with  =0D
different convertors you will probably get different results ! the  =0D
fact that a zoom H2 can record @ 96Khz doesn' t mean that this will  =0D
sound better than a nagra working on 44,100 even if you let aside the
quality of the pre-amps. Actually it doesn'  t even means that it  =0D
will have all these high frequencies we are talking about, I am not  =0D
convinced that a machine that cheap for example is really able to do  =0D
so..=0D

It is really difficult to judge whether these high frequencies are  =0D
perceived because this is directly related to WHAT you record HOW you
record it iwhat speakers you use it how loud you playback what  =0D
convertors you use... and so on..=0D

On 19 =CE=91=CF=85=CE=B3 2009, at 10:10 =CE=9C=CE=9C, Curt Olson wrote:=0D