help re recorder in next 6 hr.

Subject: help re recorder in next 6 hr.
From: "lilyplants" lilyplants
Date: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:48 pm ((PDT))
Hi,

I want to purchase a second digital recorder to (1) do stealth recording us=
ing a pair of sensitive mics with 1/8" plugs AND (2) to easily digitize 200=
+ cassette tapes of telephone interviews using a line-in from a cassette pl=
ayer.

There's an opportunity to purchase a Tascam DR-07 until midnight est for $1=
50 (soundprofessionals said that was 1/2 off).=A0

Would this recorder have decent stereo and spacial imaging for those jobs?

Rob D said Sony was coming out with a new pocket recorder. I'd be willing t=
o pay more money to get a good second recorder even though it's a 2nd recor=
der.

As per your advice last year I purchased a Fostex FR-2 LE and two AT 3032 m=
ics for quiet sound recording of grasses. I took a leave of absence from th=
at project, so am not up to date on recorders.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Don't know if one day special is for =
real or not, so i'd like to hear from you.

lily