1. Re: 192kHz audio interface

Subject: 1. Re: 192kHz audio interface
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Thu Aug 6, 2009 12:15 pm ((PDT))
At 3:15 PM +0000 8/6/09, kgtkeys2003 wrote:

>--- In
><naturerecordists%40yahoogroups.com>
>"Raimund Specht" <> wrote:
>>
>>  Tom Williams <pterodaktyl@> wrote:
>>
>>  > I'm still learning to decipher technical specs for audio gear, but am I
>>  > right in thinking that the preamp noise of this unit (-127dBu unweighted)
>>  > compares favourably with that of my Tascam HD-P2 (quoted on the
>>Avisoft site
>>  > as -125dBu unweighted)?
>>
>>  Hi Tom,
>>
>>  Yes, you are right.
>>
>>  Regards,
>>  Raimund
>
>AFAIK this EMU does not supply Phantom OR P&P voltage ...
>What a pity:(

Hi--
I was looking at a product description page for the a  E-MU Tracker
Pre
http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=17511&nav=introduction
which lists the 48 volt Phantom Power & PIP 3.5mm Microphone Input
features as #10 and #13. Are you saying that a production unit you
are familiar with differs from this?

We do suspect that the mic input noise measurement E-MU provides
differs significantly from actual performance.  Rob D.