Re: reinhardt windjammers?

Subject: Re: reinhardt windjammers?
From: ". m u r m e r ."
Date: Sun Aug 2, 2009 9:53 am ((PDT))
John Tudor wrote:
> I don't use one, but this group of traveling recordist do
>
> http://www.listentoafrica.com/
>
> Info on the equipment they use is here

thanks for the pointer, john.  funny you should mention this site - i
was just looking at is a few days ago with a fellow recordist friend,
and we were quite baffled by the fact that they only seem to have taken
mono mics with them for their 'soundscape' recording trip.  unless we
missed something??

meanwhile, back to the windscreens - i was just looking through the
archives and reading about the bulk fake fur order list members made a
few years back from monterey mills.  there were some questions about the
suitability of the material - how did it work out?  does anyone still
have a patch left tover that they might like to sell on?  i only need
enough for 4 dpa lavelier mics...

don't know much about professional windscreen brands - i'm seeing
rycotes, reinhardts, and windcutters that are all approximately the same
price.  is it a case of 6 of 1, half dozen of another, or is there one
brand that folks would recommend over others?  or sohuld i just buy a
patch of fur from monterey and sew them up myself?

|||  www.murmerings.com |||