Re: Sony D1/D50 near-coincident microphone arrangement

Subject: Re: Sony D1/D50 near-coincident microphone arrangement
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 am ((PDT))
Matt-
I'd guess that its not likely any of the variables on such a small
profile are going to make X-Y "jump out" spatially like spaced arrays
can. Note also that speaker playback is a more critical situation to
shoot for.

Here's an NT-4 (X-Y) with some simple DIY spaced arrays:
http://www.uwm.edu/%7Etype/audio-reports/BoundaryMicExperiments/media/Stere=
oBoundaryMicRigsEM158_ACC.mov

or
http://tinyurl.com/nmj77b