Mystery Sounds to follow

Subject: Mystery Sounds to follow
From: "Doug Von Gausig" dougvg
Date: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:46 am ((PDT))
As many of you know, as a function of my Naturesongs.com web site, I
receive requests daily from people who have heard "mystery sounds," asking=

for identifications. Most of these sounds turn out to be "the usual
suspects", like Common Barn Owls, young Great-horned Owls, Red Foxes,
Katydids, Hermit or Swainson's Thrushes, and Northern Mockingbirds. But I
am often stumped by the description and can't really point the questioner
in any productive direction.

I seem to have accumulated a bunch of these "unsolved mysteries" lately, so=

I'm going to forward several to this list, so you experts out there might
help demystify these folks' lives! The subject line of each will start with=

"Mystery-". Please feel free to respond directly to the sender, and it
might be interesting to send a copy of your reply to the group, so we can
all benefit from the answer!

Thanks for your help on this - it's actually a nice diversion!

Doug
Doug Von Gausig
Natural Sounds  and Photos at:
http://naturesongs.com