5. Re: Powering SD7xx recorders & H2 (was SP-TFB-2 with Edirol R-09HR o

Subject: 5. Re: Powering SD7xx recorders & H2 (was SP-TFB-2 with Edirol R-09HR o
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Fri Jul 3, 2009 8:53 pm ((PDT))
At 10:24 PM -0400 7/3/09, Richard L. Hess wrote:

>Say you get six hours out of a big Blue Shape, so two of those would
>carry you through a 12 hour recording, with the external battery
>connected at the midpoint and at the end if you need to. Carrying two
>batteries for the external pack plus six rear-mount Li-ion Blueshapes
>at an average of one pound each (the Blueshapes are 0.67 pound) means
>that you should have enough power for three nights of recording in
>eight pounds--not 45. You do need to do one change overnight.

I'm absent.  I leave for it for 2-3 days, sometimes to record only
during the night and other times continuously.

Lighter would be great but it needs to be one, big set of cells. I
tried parallel wiring of NiMH packs and I couldn't get them to fully
and reliably charge.  Correct, power switch-over with the new
firmware is to be avoided. My recorder and 4 mics all fit in a
backpack http://tinyurl.com/mtpdod  so if I want to carry everything
in one trip, I do have to carry the battery by hand.  Rob D.