2. Re: SP-TFB-2 with Edirol R-09HR or Olympus LS-10?

Subject: 2. Re: SP-TFB-2 with Edirol R-09HR or Olympus LS-10?
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Thu Jul 2, 2009 7:00 am ((PDT))
I agree that the LS-10 input amp doesn't seem to be the most silent.

But:
Having used handheld recorders that switches them self off or, on
occasions, don't work at all for no understandable reason... crash
when USB connected or make the PC crash, dirty phantom power,
radiates HF and in one case had a 300 Hz sine wave at -45 db.... have
had to switch glasses to read the display, got lost in menus and
almost erased recordings, fumbled in the dark with strange lids over
the batteries... flash card get stuck, lids falling off, poor
headphone amps, tripod threads at the most strange places...

The LS-10 has made me like recording again. All you need to do is use
a mike with a high enough output to run over the few extra db noise
that the input amp causes.

Not having done measurements, it sounds to me that the ME-series does
that, for example.

Klas.