1. Re: SP-TFB-2 with Edirol R-09HR or Olympus LS-10?

Subject: 1. Re: SP-TFB-2 with Edirol R-09HR or Olympus LS-10?
From: "picnet2" picnet2
Date: Thu Jul 2, 2009 3:24 am ((PDT))
Hi Rob,
            I have recorded with a binaural set based on 2 x EM158's in my =
anechoic chamber - this would be more related to Pauls original setup, fair=
ly low noise binaural mics (compared to Panasonic WM6x's)  I think the poin=
t with the recorders is similar to photography, you either take the point a=
nd shooter and live with the noise - or take the SLR and a backpack to matc=
h. I know the backpack wont fit in my pocket and is far less discrete in us=
e :) Its contents are also far more expensive than the recorder in my pocke=
t but alas we know the path eventually leads to the NT1A. :)

Regarding the noise, I mailed you on 30th June / EM158 Noise Tests with a z=
ip containing an annotated .amad file.  I can resend if it didnt make it. =

http://urlme.net/audio/RecNoise-E158.flac

The test setup in the Semi finished :/ Semi-Anechoic Chamber:

Pair of binaural EM158 headphones placed pointing up on acoustic foam, appr=
ox. 0.5M in front of them a very quiet clock.

Recorded Sequence is:

Recorder:  Edirol R09HR
Mic:  2 x Em158N
Obs: Plug in Power ON - Gain Hi, Max Level (80) =3D Maximum for this record=
er.