Re: Preamp question

Subject: Re: Preamp question
From: "Emanuele Costantini" lamacchiacosta
Date: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:10 pm ((PDT))
Hi Paul,
I don't have the USB Pre, but I like the ART stuff in general.
I just downloaded the manual and I should say it wouldn't be the
perfect thing for field recording.
It has usb 1.1 instead of 2.0 but we can live with it.
It has only 44.1 or 48 but we can live with it.
It has just 16 bit ADDA and I'm not so sure I can live with it.
Potentially is a great thing, I would couple two or more of them with
Aggregate device on Mac for multitrack recordings but I don't know how
it sounds,
the specifics are very good but experience is telling me not to
believe in manufacturer specifics too much.
If somebody has it, please tell us it sounds great!
:-)

Emanuele