Re: Unidentified call

Subject: Re: Unidentified call
From: "Doug Von Gausig" dougvg
Date: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:58 pm ((PDT))
It's not a juvenile. That call is what Raven people call "yelling."

Doug

At 10:47 AM 6/18/2009, you wrote:

>Thanks Martyn!
>
>Is that a juvenile?
>
>Pd
>
>--- In
><naturerecordists%40yahoogroups.com>
>Martyn Stewart <> wrote:
> >
> > Raven
> >

> > Martyn
> > *************************************
> > Martyn Stewart
> > <http://www.naturesound.org>http://www.naturesound.org
> >
> > Redmond WA
> > 425-898-0462
> >
> > 47.65420118705451
> > -121.98158740997314
> >
> > Make every garden a wildlife habitat
> > **************************************
> > Listen to the Birds and the Bees at
> > <http://naturesound.libsyn.org/>http://naturesound.libsyn.org/
> > View a Nature Recordists Blog!
> >

> <http://naturesound.org/nature/Blog/Blog.html>http://naturesound.org/nature/Blog/Blog.html
> >

> http://naturesound.org/nature/this_weeks_recordings/this_weeks_recordings.html
> >
> > P please consider the environment before printing this email
> >
> > On Jun 17, 2009, at 9:30 PM, sneakyqi wrote:
> >

> > > I just posted a short clip in the member files area: Member Files/
> > > HiddenCanyonCaller.mp3
> (<http://tinyurl.com/nsxrq2>http://tinyurl.com/nsxrq2) in the hope that
> > > somebody on the list will know who the voice belongs to.
> > >
> > > Any ideas what it might be?
> > >
> > > Recorded in late March, 2007, Zion National Park from a ledge about
> > > 30' up from canyon floor. It sounded to me like the call was coming
> > > from the top of the canyon, about 60' to my left.
> > >
> > > Any input would be greatly appreciated!
> > >
> > > Paul Dickinson

***************************************
Doug Von Gausig
Natural Sounds  and Photos at:
http://naturesongs.com
More Photos at:
http://www.criticaleyephoto.com
Clarkdale, Central Arizona, USA

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: