various releases, blog posts, events etc.

Subject: various releases, blog posts, events etc.
From: "tempjez" tempjez
Date: Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:28 am ((PDT))
Hi all,

details below about radio show, free online mp3 downloads, new releases, co=
ncerts & other stuff....

1) almost ready (at last !) is a new release of hydrophone recordings (just=
 waiting to decide on a title !) .... limited cdr  .  featuring underwater =
recordings of rivers, sea inlets, lakes & ponds in East Yorkshire, Czech Re=
public & Estonia.

2) out now on compost & height & available directly from me is the very lim=
ited split 3inch cd featuring myself & Rob Curgenven:
    http://compostandheightreleases.blogspot.com/2009/03/c-rob-curgenven-je=
z-riley-french.html

3) free download / stream: 'pelure # 9 - gathered wire' - recordings made a=
t the offices of The Wire magazine in London now
    available for free & exclusive on thier website:
    http://www.thewire.co.uk/articles/2565/

4) issued June 1st 2009: Daniel Jones / Ivan Palacky / Jez riley French - '=
tierce'
    limited edition (55 copies) 3inch cdr mounted on printed card.
    live recording of guitar, turntable, field recordings, guzheng, objects=
, knitting machine....
    http://jezrileyfrench.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-release.html

5) exclusive radio broadcast: there will be a 28 minute section of my recor=
dings broadcast from Portugal on the show curated
    by Paulo Raposo from Sirr records. Tune in (over the net) on Friday, 12=
 June @ 20.30 on radiozero.pt (streaming) and
    Antena2, National Radio on 28 june 01-07h fm national broadcast (Portug=
al)
    http://www.radiozero.pt/

6) as many of you might already know I make & sell hydrophones (for recordi=
ng in liquids) & these have been gathering a great
   deal of positive response from fellow recordists. I've also now added co=
ntact mics to the production list & info on both can be
   found here:
   http://hydrophones.blogspot.com/
   (profits from the sale of these products goes towards funding 'in place'=
 & the 'seeds & bridges' concert series)

   upcoming concerts / performances:

.  dog star orchestra volume 5: Jez riley French - 'a next moment' (from 'a=
udible silence')
   June 7th @ r.o.d., calarts, Valencia, California, USA
   =A3 free
   (along with works by Feldman, cage, La Monte Young, Tenney, Pisaro, Frey=
, Tsunoda & more)

.  unnamed music festival: Jez riley French & Patrick Farmer + Keith Rowe, =
Martin Kuchen & Seymour Wright
   Saturday 13th June @ unnamed music festival, Seven Arts, Leeds
   =A310 (festival pass for all three events =A318)

.  an evening of field recording based works by:
   Jez riley French
   Rob Curgenven
   Stuart Bannister
   Phill Harding
   @The Victoria hotel, Leeds
   price =A34

   festivals / residencies:

   firstly, I now have a new blog for my residency diaries & it currently i=
ncludes lots of photographic images from my recent
   residency at MoKS in Estonia:
   http://jrf-residencies.blogspot.com/

.  June 09: artist in residence at q-02, Brussels, Belgium - exploring audi=
ble silences & photographic scores.
.  July 09: artist in residence at connected:09, Pollau, Austria - 8 days o=
f workshops, performances, installations & site specific
   realisations.
.  October 09: artist in residence at Binaural / Nodar, Portugal - explorin=
g audible silences, rural locations, photographic scores &
   traditional architecture.

   recent posts on the 'in place' blog:
   http://jezrileyfrench-inplace.blogspot.com/

   1) John Grzinich - 'phase inversion'
   2) Lee Patterson - 'Seven vignettes'
   3) New release by Heike Vester on Gruenrekorder
   + Patrick Farmer, Chris Watson workshops & more....

phew !

thanks,

jez

http://www.myspace.com/JezrileyFrench